Applications for Summer 2022 ARE Open
Remote/Online Participation: For Summer 2022 the REU will be structured as a distributed experience - students will not come to the Charlotte campus, but instead will engage in regular research and REU community activities in a remote/online format.
DATES: May 31 - August 05, 2022
PRIORITY DEADLINE: March 31, 2022
- To guarantee consideration for the REU summer program, an application must be received by the priority deadline. Applications submitted after the priority deadline may still be considered if an opening is available. Applications will be considered until all openings are filled. When all openings are filled, the application page will be closed.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial Transcript
- Two Recommendations
Note: Two letters of recommendation are required. The program requires recommendations from a faculty member in your major, minor, or course of study.
How to Apply
There is a new application process this year. Applications are managed centrally for many different REU programs through the National Science Foundation's Education & Training Application (NSF ETAP).
NSF ETAP Application: https://www.nsfetap.org/award/188/opportunity/187
To apply for this REU Program, you will need to:
- Create an account with the NSF ETAP site.
- Complete the basic Registration details ("Registration" on the side menu). These are common application details that are used for applying to our REU program, but can also be used for applications to other programs.
- Enter / Upload other application materials. ("Application Materials" on the side menu). This enables you to enter / upload different materials that are available when you make an application through NSF ETAP. In order to use them for applying to our REU program, you first need to add them into the NSF ETAP materials.
- Enter your personal statement directly
- Upload your resume
- Upload your transcript(s)
- Request your references ("My References" on the side menu). This enables you to invite your references to enter basic reference details and upload a letter of reference. You should receive an email from NSF ETAP when a reference has been submitted.
- Complete the application for the REU Site
- Verify Basic Registration Details
- Verify your personal statement
- Select the resume file to use (the system allows you to upload multiple resumes for different opportunities)
- Select the transcript files to use (the system allows you to upload multiple transcripts from different places)
- Select the references to use
- There are a few additional questions beyond the basic registration, that we ask as part of our REU Site application. Complete this section.
- Make the final application submission by clicking the Submit buttton
For questions and/or additional information contact our REU Program Coordinator or REU Site Program Director. See the "Contact Us" sidebar for contact details.